The Devin Townsend Project is a progressive metal band formed in Vancouver, British Columbia. The band’s style has been described as “heavily influenced by progressive rock, metal and ambient music.” Townsend is the only official member of the group and records with a variety of guest musicians.
The Devin Townsend Project was founded by Devin Townsend in 1996. He had just left his band Strapping Young Lad and released a solo album, “Ocean Machine”. The band’s first release was “Physicist” in 1998. The band’s lineup has changed many times over the years, with longtime drummer Bobby Jarzombek being the only consistent member of the lineup.
Devin Townsend Project albums:
- Terria (1998)
- Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing (2000)
- Synchestra (2001)
- Terria II: The New Symphonia (2001)
- Accelerated Evolution (2002)
- Ziltoid the Omniscient (2002)
- Addicted (2004)
- Synchestra Live DVD/CD package (2004)
- Ki: The Discovery of Tea Tree Oil – A New Beginning